Monday, October 10, 2011

So Thankful!



Happy Turkey Slaughter Day!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! There is so much that I have to be thankful for. First and most important, I am thankful for my amazing family and friends. It feels so awesome to be loved by so many wonderful people really makes me happy to have all these people in my life. I’m also thankful for my wonderful job that pays well and is getting me further and further in my goal to get my debt reduced to nothing. I’m thankful for this past year! It’s difficult to fully express how much this process has changed my life for the better. I have a feeling of control of my life and my stress levels are so much lower than they have ever been, and I don’t worry about where the money is going to come from, it just happens! But more than anything, I am thankful for my amazing partner and best friend. He has been the biggest support in this whole process so it was no problem for me to dip into my savings and get him a fantastic present which I am sure he will love! Happy Birthday baby! I love you more than ever!

Love
This week has been a really busy and eventful one, so I feel like I have lots to write about, but little time to actually write anything! You see, I went out with some friends last night and went to bed a lot later than I usually do, so I didn’t wake up until around noon (but that felt amazing) and now I need to start getting ready to go to my 4th Thanksgiving dinner this weekend! I know, excessive. I started my Thanksgiving feasting with a potluck, followed by another potluck, followed by another delicious home cooked meal (that I didn’t have to cook for) and now I’m going out to my partner’s parents’ place for a Thanksgiving/Birthday dinner. I have eaten so well over the past few days, I just feel like an incredibly spoiled brat! I think it goes without saying that it has been really easy to avoid eating in restaurants during Thanksgiving. I mean, why eat out when there is so much delicious home cooked food to enjoy all weekend? I’ve had everything from chicken to turkey to beef, so I’m hoping for a ham tonight!

Speaking of the 30 day challenge, I am happy to report that I have been doing really well! I missed yoga yesterday and I will definitely miss it today, but I have the option of doing some at home yoga and meditation so that makes it a little bit easier, so in that regard, I haven’t been perfect. However, what is incredible is that I have not caved and purchased any food outside of the grocery store in almost 2 weeks! That has been a huge feat in itself, and I have saved so much money by not eating out. I’m even finding that making one gourmet meal a week has been a piece of cake. I was at the grocery store the other day and I asked for cash back not realizing that I already had $40 in my wallet! It had been so long since I spent money that I forgot I even had it! That was a fun bonus, like those times you put on a winter coat and find $20 in the pocket, it’s like free money! I’m telling you, if you want to save money quickly, try giving up eating out entirely and you will save a ton!

Not quite what happened in my accident...
In other news, after I wrote my last blog entry, I was in an accident on my bike and scraped up my hand and got a couple of bruises. Nothing serious at all, but it left me feeling pretty shaken up because I almost slid into heavy traffic, so I was happy not to be hurt too badly. Anyway, I was biking to go to the grocery store to pick up ingredients for my gourmet meal and when I got there, I filled up my basket, scanned everything in at the self checkout, and walked out the door – without paying! I didn’t realize until about 2 hours later what I had done. I think I was in a state of shock from my bike accident that had happened only a few minutes before. So, feeling incredibly guilty, I went back to the store and told them what happened and they were totally fine with everything and they appreciated my honesty. It made me feel better knowing that I paid and I hope that will balance out my karma a little bit! Although, this shoplifting thing is a pretty good way to save cash! Ha! But anyway, I better get going to my 4th Thanksgiving dinner – sorry for cutting this entry so short! Thanks for reading again everyone! My readership is up really high lately and I’ve broken the 7000 reads mark thanks to you! 


I just realized after I hit publish that this is my 50th Post! How awesome is that?!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt in your bike accident!
    It's wonderful that you returned to the store and were honest about what happened. Far too many people today do not have that kind of honesty.
    Happy 50th post! I look forward to reading many more in the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just received my check for $500.

    Sometimes people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn by taking paid surveys online...

    So I show them a video of myself getting paid $500 for filling paid surveys.

    ReplyDelete